Helping Patients Prepare for Kidney Replacement Therapy
This course addresses kidney replacement therapy and dialysis access options for patients with stage IV and stage V kidney disease.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-4843) for 3 Pain/Sympton Management continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 3.6 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the various types of kidney replacement therapies;
- Discuss three lifestyle considerations associated with each modality;
- State two common myths/fears associated with each modality;
- Recognize the benefit of helping patients select the modality that is right for them; and
- Name three patient education resources to use when discussing options with patients.
•Shaffeeulah Bacchus, PharmD, FASN, BCPS
- 3.60 NANT
- 3.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- 3.00 Attendance
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.