Navigating the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Payment System
This program is ideal for nephrology professionals seeking to increase understanding of the ESRD payment system, so that they may assist patients with obtaining coverage.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the advent of the ESRD Medicare program.
- Discuss two goals associated with the original ESRD program.
- Explain the various payment options for renal replacement therapies.
- Discuss the role of the conditions for coverage and how they impact the type of care delivered
- Describe the bundling method of Medicare reimbursement, and its potential impact on care.
- Recall the role and services provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the ESRD Networks, and the State Departments of Health.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-9304) for 2.00 continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing (NANT governing body) has approved this program for 2.40 continuing education contact hours. The certificate obtained must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. (NANT Provider No. 07941)
- 2.00 Attendance
- 2.40 NANT
- 2.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.