Cornerstones of Care: Building Relationships
The effective delivery of a complicated medical intervention, such as a dialysis treatment requires each clinician be skilled in multiple areas. Whereas most companies provide training regarding the clinical aspects of the initiation, monitoring, and discontinuation of a dialysis treatment, little attention is paid to other important issues associated with effective care. The relationship that providers have with their patients is very important. Higher quality patient/provider relationships are associated with better clinical outcomes across all medical settings.
1. Participants will be able to identify and describe the four critical components of an effective Patient/Provider relationship
2. Participants will be able to describe the theory associated with Patient-Centered Care and describe how this approach improves the relationship between patients and providers.
3. Participants will be able to describe and utilize three approaches to improving communication with patients.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
- 1.00 Attendance
- 0.70 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.