Cornerstones of Care: Professionalism
The effective delivery of dialysis treatment requires each clinician be skilled in multiple areas. Whereas most renal professionals receive training regarding the clinical aspects of the initiation, monitoring, and discontinuation of a dialysis treatment, less attention is paid to other important issues associated with effective care. Specifically, the issue of Professionalism has been demonstrated to be a critical component in the delivery of a successful health care experience.
Anyone may take the course, but CEUs are available to:
- Social workers
- Dialysis Technicians/Patient Care Technicians
1. Participants will be able to describe four critical elements associated with being a professional.
2. Participants will be able to describe the relationship between medical ethics and professionalism.
3. Participants will be able to describe the relationship between boundaries and professionalism and be able to identify boundary violations.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
- 0.70 NANT
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- 1.00 Attendance
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.