Cornerstones of Care: Professionalism
The effective delivery of dialysis treatment requires each clinician be skilled in multiple areas. Whereas most renal professionals receive training regarding the clinical aspects of the initiation, monitoring, and discontinuation of a dialysis treatment, less attention is paid to other important issues associated with effective care. Specifically, the issue of Professionalism has been demonstrated to be a critical component in the delivery of a successful health care experience.
Anyone may take the course, but CEUs are available to:
- Social workers
- Dialysis Technicians/Patient Care Technicians
1. Participants will be able to describe four critical elements associated with being a professional.
2. Participants will be able to describe the relationship between medical ethics and professionalism.
3. Participants will be able to describe the relationship between boundaries and professionalism and be able to identify boundary violations.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-9692) for 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
If you are licensed in the following states, please confirm with your licensing body directly, that this course is acceptable for continuing education contact hours:
*Please direct any inquiries to email@example.com
Through the California Board of Registered Nursing, the National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists has approved this program for 0.70 continuing education contact hours. The licensee must retain this certificate for a period of four years after the course ends. (CBN Provider No. 16924)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 0.70 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.