Teaching Patients Self-Management Techniques (CE credits)
The purpose of this activity is to teach healthcare professionals how to teach patients to be responsible in their own well-being by not just doing all the routine tasks for patients during treatment, but by also taking the time to engage them in their own care, thereby increasing treatment adherence and overall well-being.
Renal professionals who work directly with patients.
- Participants will be able to describe the differences between “traditional” medical education and Self-Management Education
- Participants will be able to identify the Stages of Change and use this knowledge to deliver Self-Management Education
- Participants will be able to describe 4 critical elements of Motivational Interviewing
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (#886443948-9575) for 1.00 countinuing education contact hour.
Through the California Board of Registered Nursing, the National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists has approved this program for 1.20 continuing education contact hours. The licensee must retain this certificate for a period of four years after the course ends. (CBN Provider No. 16924)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.20 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)