Weighing the Outcomes: Ethical Issues in Kidney Disease (CE credits)
This course presents a decision-making framework and strategies that healthcare teams may employ in response to daily ethical dilemmas.
This course can be completed for any renal professional for knowledge gain, but it specifically designed and accredited for nephrology technicians/technologists and social workers.
After completing this online course, participants will be able to:
- Describe problem-solving techniques to use in ethical decision-making.
- Identify barriers to ethical decision-making.
- Describe best practices in ethical decision-making.
- Define ethics terminology.
- Recognize the role values and ethics plays in their daily practice.
- Describe response to various common ethical dilemmas faced with ESRD patients.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
Wendy Funk Schrag, LMSW, ACSW
Robert Saylor, MD, MA
*****Accreditation is currently pending for Social Workers
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886443948-2357) for 3.00 continuing education hours.
Through the California Board of Registered Nursing, the National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists has approved this program for 3.60 continuing education contact hours. The licensee must retain this certificate for a period of four years after the course ends. (CBN Provider No. 16924).
- 3.00 Attendance
- 3.60 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 3.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.