Helping New Patients Adjust to Dialysis (CE credits)
This course is designed for renal health care professionals who work with patients that are new to dialysis. All course takers are responsible for contacting individual accrediting agencies to confirm acceptance of the credits offered for this course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify ways to help their patients adjust to life on dialysis during their first 30 days.
- Understand how physical and emotional symptoms act as barriers to adjustment.
- Identify tools and strategies that can be used to determine patients' needs.
- Understand how to apply these tools and strategies to overcome barriers and promote positive adjustment to dialysis treatment.
Erika Moser, MSW, LSW
Renal nutritional components provided by Lisa Gutekunst, MSEd, RD, CSR
National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
****Accreditation is currently pending for Social Workers (NASW)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- 1.20 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- 1.00 National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.