Depression: Building a Foundation for Care
This course focuses on four specific areas to enhance health care workers’ ability to care for patients suffering from depression.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Advocacy: Identify why and how social workers can advocate to improve care.
- Therapeutic Relationship: Describe essential components of the therapeutic relationship.
- Cognitive Theory Approaches: Identify key components of cognitive theory and symptom targeted intervention.
- Psychoeducation: Identify psychoeducation principles to apply in your practice.
Mark A. Meier, MSW, LICSW
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886443948) for 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
The California Board of Registered Nursing (NANT governing agency) has approved this program for 1.20 continuing education contact hours. (NANT Provider No. 07941)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.20 NANT
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.