Depression: Building a Foundation for Care
This course focuses on four specific areas to enhance health care workers’ ability to care for patients suffering from depression.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Advocacy: Identify why and how social workers can advocate to improve care.
- Therapeutic Relationship: Describe essential components of the therapeutic relationship.
- Cognitive Theory Approaches: Identify key components of cognitive theory and symptom targeted intervention.
- Psychoeducation: Identify psychoeducation principles to apply in your practice.
Mark A. Meier, MSW, LICSW
Approval for this program by the National Association of Social Workers is currently pending.
Through the California Board of Registered Nursing, the National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists has approved this program for 1.20 continuing education contact hours. The licensee must retain this certificate for a period of four years after the course ends. (CBN Provider No. 16924)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.20 National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- 0.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.