Weighing the Outcomes: Ethical Issues in Kidney Disease
This course presents a decision-making framework and strategies that healthcare teams may employ in response to daily ethical dilemmas.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886443948-6828) for 3.0 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 3.6 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
After completing the online course, participants will be able to:
- Describe problem-solving techniques to use in ethical decision-making.
- Identify barriers to ethical decision-making.
- Describe best practices in ethical decision-making.
- Define ethics terminology.
- Recognize the role values and ethics plays in their daily practice.
- Describe response to various common ethical dilemmas faced with ESRD patients.
Mark Meier, MSW, LICSW
Wendy Funk Schrag, LMSW, ACSW
Robert Saylor, MD, MA
- 3.60 NANT
- 3.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- 3.00 Attendance
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.