Helping Patients Prepare for Kidney Replacement Therapy
This course addresses kidney replacement therapy and dialysis access options for patients with stage IV and stage V kidney disease.
By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the various types of kidney replacement therapies;
- Discuss three lifestyle considerations associated with each modality;
- State two common myths/fears associated with each modality;
- Recognize the benefit of helping patients select the modality that is right for them; and
- Name three patient education resources to use when discussing options with patients.
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-4843) for 3 Pain/Symptom Mgmt. continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 3.6 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 3.00
- Attendance: 3.00
- NANT: 3.60
- Course opens: Sat, Sep 01 2012
- Course expires: Sat, Apr 30 2016
- Cost: $0.00