Navigating the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Payment System
The goal of this program is to increase nephrology professionals’ understanding of the ESRD payment system so that they may assist patients with obtaining coverage.
- Describe the advent of the ESRD Medicare program.
- Discuss two goals associated with the original ESRD program
- Explain the various payment options for renal replacement therapies
- Discuss the role of the conditions for coverage and how they impact the type of care delivered
- Describe the bundling method of Medicare reimbursement and its potential impact on care
- Recall the role and services provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the ESRD Networks, and the State Departments of Health
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-9304) for 2.0 (Social Work) continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 2.4 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 2.00
- Attendance: 2.00
- NANT: 2.40
- Course opens: Tue, Jul 10 2012
- Course expires: Sun, Aug 24 2014
- Cost: $0.00