Caring for Others, Caring for Yourself
This course is designed to help health care workers better manage the stress and challenges they encounter each day to improve patient care.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Differentiate between burnout, compassion fatigue, and depression.
- Explain the connection between burnout, compassion fatigue, and depression and decreased patient outcomes.
- Discuss effective strategies for dealing with compassion fatigue, burnout and depression.
- Develop a plan for implementing effective strategies for dealing with compassion fatigue, burnout and depression.
Mark A. Meier, MSW, LICSW
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886443948) for 1.00 continuing education contact hour.
The California Board of Registered Nursing (NANT governing agency) has approved this program for 1.20 continuing education contact hours. (NANT Provider No. 07941)
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.20 NANT
- 1.00 National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
You will need Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or later) installed to complete the modules. Check now to determine if the correct version of Adobe Flash Player is installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you will need to download and install it. This will only take a few minutes and the software for this player is free.