Caring for Others, Caring for Yourself
This course is designed to help social workers better manage the stress and challenges they encounter each day to improve patient care.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Differentiate between burnout, compassion fatigue, and depression;
- Explain the connection between burnout, compassion fatigue, and depression and decreased patient outcomes;
- Discuss effective strategies for dealing with compassion fatigue, burnout and depression; and
- Develop a plan for implementing effective strategies for dealing with compassion fatigue, burnout and depression
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886443948) for 1 Social Work continuing education contact hour.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 1.2 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 1.00
- Attendance: 1.00
- NANT: 1.20
- Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
- Course expires: Tue, Sep 30 2014
- Cost: $0.00