Depression: Building a Foundation for Care
This training focuses on four specific areas to enhance social workers’ ability to care for patients suffering from depression.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Advocacy: Identify why and how social workers can advocate to improve care
- Therapeutic Relationship: Describe essential components of the therapeutic relationship
- Cognitive Theory Approaches: Identify key components of cognitive theory and symptom targeted intervention
- Psychoeducation: Identify psychoeducation principles to apply in your practice
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886443948) for 1 Social Work continuing education contact hour.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 1.2 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 1.00
- Attendance: 1.00
- NANT: 1.20
- Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
- Course expires: Tue, Sep 30 2014
- Cost: $0.00