Understanding Depression: Helping Patients to Improve Outcomes and Quality of Life
This course will help social workers develop a plan of care for the management of individuals with kidney disease and depression.
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- List four signs and symptoms associated with depression;
- Describe the impact of depression in individuals with kidney disease;
- Describe two evidenced based interventions for the management of depression; and
- Develop a plan of care for the management of individuals with kidney disease and co-occurring depression.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-1195) for 1 Clinical Social Work continuing education contact hours.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 1.2 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 1.00
- Attendance: 1.00
- NANT: 1.20
- Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
- Course expires: Sun, Aug 31 2014
- Cost: $0.00