Perspectives on Adherence
The goal of this course is to increase renal professionals’ understanding of adherence issues and strategies to improve patient adherence.
After completing the online course, participants will be able to:
- Define adherence and health behavior.
- List at least four factors that influence health behaviors.
- Describe the characteristics of each of the stages in The Transtheoretical Model.
- Define the professional standard of care that governs our role in adherence.
- Describe the process of care that promotes optimal patient adherence.
- Give examples of strategies the professional interdisciplinary team (IDT) can use to enhance adherence.
- Describe the role of empathy, competence and access in improving patient adherence.
- List and recognize risk factors for non-adherence and how they impact adherence.
- Describe two strategies that you may implement to minimize the impact of poor health literacy on patient adherence.
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886443948-9034) for 2 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
Nephrology Nurses (2.10 contact hours)
If you’re a nurse or technician and would like to receive credit, you have to take the course through ANNA’s Online Learning Library and pay a fee of $15 to ANNA for recordkeeping. Please click here to proceed.
The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved this program for 2.4 continuing education contact hours. This certificate must be retained for a period of four years after the course ends. NANT Provider No. 07941
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 2.00
- Attendance: 2.00
- NANT: 2.40
- Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
- Course expires: Sun, Jul 31 2016
- Cost: $0.00